[FWDLK] Power brake conversions

Nick,

You will need the plate from the fire wall that the master cylinder is
mounted to. The brake booster bellows has a plate built in. The large one
piece non-PB plate has studs to mount it and the PB master cylinder plate
and booster diaphragm have holes.

You will also need the large triangular bracket that is under the dash that
the brake pedal arm mounts on. This provides the studs to mount the PS
master cylinder plate and booster. The PB brake pedal arm has an upper
extension to operate the booster and receive the push from the booster. The
PB pedal return spring is different and attaches to a different location. If
this bracket is not changed, I do not think the geometries will work with
just changing the pedal arm. This is easy to change if the steering column
is out, otherwise it is necessary to drop the column a few inches.

Be careful not to loose the little plastic rollers that go between the
booster diaphragm forks and the top of the brake pedal.

I think the master cylinder is the same, or at least the manual master works
fine with PB on my car.

You will also need the vacuum fitting on the intake manifold.

I run mine without the vacuum storage tank and it works fine. The tank
mounts on the inner fender, the holes are pre-drilled and plugged.

If you have a manual transmission car, then it is a whole different story.

Had the design engineers been thinking, it could have been much easier. Just
remove a hole cover above the firewall, mount the booster, swap the pedal ,
and you are in business.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500