[FWDLK] another discovery

Members,
   Here is a true story that should keep the rest of us peering into backyards:
     I was on the phone to a buddy who lives in Portland. Oregon. He wanted to tell me that he and 12 other Desoto owners/cars are planning to head up this Thursday to attend the National  Desoto Convention in Everett, WA., north of Seattle. Here is the story: He was showing his car at the  Forest Grove Concours outside Portland (see Mark Hash's report). An older woman approached him as he sat by his 59 Golden Fury and told him her husband had died recently, leaving a backyard full of cars for her to dispose of.
My friend doesn't need another car (but would love to have a 59 Dodge cvt, anybody?). He and a friend went to the lady's house "just to see". He said it was right in the heart of town where you would NEVER expect to find a bunch of cars. The report is there are about 20 cars in there, all quietly rusting away.   He saw a mid-30s Desoto coupe, a 300-B, a 300-F, several 300-K's, a 59 Sport Fury and some newer 60's vehicles. The real find, according to him, was the attic  full of parts...hubcaps, etc. He formulated a plan where he and his club would buy all the parts for a lump sum and then go thru it all (great club!).  The unfortunate part of the story is the survivors cannot agree to sell...there are 4 children and one refuses to sell. He is still working on it, and I will try to report again on it.

  And, lastly, thanks to Mike Sealey for the compliment, and thanks for being realistic...I was worried that I would be facing the wrath of a man "disappointed" with his purchase after traveling 1000 miles to personally pick it up. Safe travels and happy times! There is a big, empty space in my driveway now.
Roger