[FWDLK] Trunk torsion bar installation 1957 Dodge

[FWDLK] Trunk torsion bar installation 1957 Dodge

Hi Folks,

  Need help regarding the reinstallation of the torsion bars into their
respective slots. It seems it takes extreme torque to twist the bars.I have
unsuccessfully been trying different methods of twisting the darn things to
move them to the adjustment slot. Is there a technique ,homemade tool
,method to return these bars to the slots?????? Any comments would be
appreciated.Someone previous to my ownership had gas struts installed in
trying to help lift the trunk lid!!!!!!  Didn't work.

Thanks,
  Brad