[FWDLK] Coaxial steering gear box

I'm resending this message as I had the wrong date on my computer the last
time.  Anyhow, the mechanic who is working on my '55 300 has informed me
that my car's coaxial steering gear box needs to be rebuilt or replaced.  He
was quoted a price of $650 by someone or other.  Seems awfully high to him
and me.  Anyone out there have a source for rebuilt steering gear boxes?
How about someone who will rebuild an existing one?  If you have the info,
please e-mail my mechanic directly at:

emsclassiccar@xxxxxxxx

Jerry Browarski

P.S.  Wayne.... he received your message.  I just expected more responses.