[FWDLK] 58 v. 59 Mopar Fuel Tank Sending Units

[FWDLK] 58 v. 59 Mopar Fuel Tank Sending Units

Hi, ForwardLookers:

I've been told that "1959 Dodge was the first mopar to use an instrument
voltage regulator. Therefore, the gauges and sending units [for 1959]
are different than the others [for 1958]."

Assuming that this is true, then I wonder why some fuel sending units
that appear on, say e-Bay, are listed as fitting 57-59?

This has not happened to me; quite the opposite, actually, since the
vendor is telling me that even though a 59 sending unit looks the same
as my 58's, the unit's resistance is different, and so it won't work.

Any thoughts, to help enlighten us uninformed newbie owners?

Dick Woodside