Re: [FWDLK] Pushbuttons needed / 3 speed torqueflite

--- Scott H <kneedrager@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am in need of a pushbutton setup that will fit
> into the existing space on a 56 Dodge.   I will
> be using a newer style 727 torqueflite and want
> to retain the original pushbutton look if at all
> possible. Prior posts to the list advised that the
> pushbuttons from a 56 Imperial and the pushbuttons
> from a 57 - 59 Dodge truck will fit in the original
> location. (snip)
> Also, are there any other year/models that will fit
> I was told that 63 -64 pickups will also fit can
> anyone confirm this?

Any 5-button truck pushbuttons will fit ('57-'64). In
addition to Imperials, late '56 NYs and 300s had TFs.

> Finally,  i have not seen these pushbottons myself,
> will this allow full function Park, R, N, D, 2, 1,
> or is park and/or the lower gear selection
> eliminated?

"2" and "1" will fully function as long as you have
the buttons for them and the cable adjusted correctly.
I'm told the park switch works off a separate cable
and can be located away from the button box. I seem to
recall a Dodge exclusive for '56 that nobody talks
about but that might work perfectly into your plans;
over to the right of the steering column, where the
shifter was in '55, seems to me there's a park switch
of some sort. I'd be thinking of that as the place to
hook up the park switch cable for the 727.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban