[FWDLK] New member in Southern California

[FWDLK] New member in Southern California

I am pleased to announce that I have finally found and purchased a 1960
Saratoga 4-door hardtop. I searched for this car since 1987, which is when I
first saw one. I really wanted a red Saratoga 4-dr hdtp with air, but I am
just as happy with my blue & white Saratoga 4-dr hdtp without air. It was
delivered yesterday afternoon. I bought it on eBay and had it trucked from
Chicago, IL to Laguna Beach, CA, which only cost $1,200 (a good deal, I
think).

The previous owner kept it in moderately good shape, but the car needs some
TLC. A couple of the door handles don't open the doors right, the generator
isn't charging, and I only got one ignition key and no trunk keys. Who knows
what surprise awaits me in the trunk...

One question for the list already: what transmission fluid do I use? The
manual says type A, but I'm not sure what modern fluid to use. Also, can
someone please recommend a parts vendor? I want to replace all the brake
cylinders and hoses to be safe, and do some other overdue maintenance.

Thanks much,

Brion Kidder
cbrion@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://pages.prodigy.net/cbrion/Saratoga.jpg