Re: [FWDLK] dodge 354ci

Paul,

No, I do not believe so.  The fuel injection is listed as being available on the D-500, Adventurer and 300-D, which were all American-built offerings.

The electric fuel pump was mounted in the rear at the gas tank.  There was an access hole in the floor, with a cover held down with 4 screws, to get at the fuel pump.   The cars with fuel injection used a different fuel tank than the carburetor versions.

Sounds as if a previous owner had problems with his mechanical pump and replaced it with an electric one.  Same with the choke.  That type of conversion is very common.   I had a Valiant that someone had put a choke cable on it as the auto choke mechanism died.   (The same thing happened to my father's 1955 Dodge Regent 6 - but he just found a piece of wood that would fit between the bottom of the dash and the accelerator to get the car to run at fast idle until it warmed up enough to drive.  While warming up, he would clear the snow or frost from the windows of the car.)

Bill
Vancouver, BC

hi, does anyone know if the 354 canadian dodge motor came with a fuel
injection set up, as this car has a electric pump on it with a blank where
the pump should be, it has a bracket on the passenger inner fender with a
carter fuel pump on it, and it all looks factory, it also has no choke
mechanism on it and has a cable choke added, many thanks paul.