Re: [FWDLK] buying 1955-56 Plymouth parts on eBay

Re: [FWDLK] buying 1955-56 Plymouth parts on eBay

I really believe that stuff like this has no place on the List, but I can't let Mr Main's attempt at character assassination go unanswered...

Mr Main and I got along well for almost two years.  We shared an interest in '55 and '56 Plymouths.  I visited him when I was in San Francisco in January 2000 and saw his collection.  He visited me last summer and I introduced him to a friend who had a basket-case '55 Belvedere convertible that might be for sale.  Mr Main bought the car in December, along with the remains of an original top boot.  I helped him load the car onto his trailer.  Two weeks later Mr Main sent me his top boot for use as a pattern.

In mid-January Mr Main and I had a misunderstanding regarding some oil seals.  I attempted to discuss the situation with him on a reasonable basis.  He very quickly lost control and sent me a barrage of emails containing the most extreme foul language imaginable.  My wife shares my computer and was particularly offended.  (If anyone should care to read these communications I can provide copies off the List.)  I was shocked by this whole episode and decided that I wanted nothing further to do with this person.

On February 14th Mr Main sent me an email asking, "when will you be returning my convertible top boot".  I did not reply, which in hindsight was perhaps a mistake.

This evening Mr Main threatened me with a "criminal complaint" for ignoring his "request for information".  Mr Mean is a lawyer by trade.  He then decided to take his dirty laundry public by emailing the List.  He fabricated the story about falsified receipts and thousands of dollars of imported parts -- all of which is completely untrue.

I believe there is nothing that Mr Main would not do to achieve his goals, therefore, I will put the top boot into the mail before the end of this week.  He won't be getting a new top boot because the old one never made it to the upholstery shop.

If you have not yet found yourself on the wrong side of Mr Main and his very large ego, and I know others on and off the List who have, let this be a warning.

Robert