[FWDLK] POR-15

Hi Guys,
It may sound stupid, but I've been doing this for years.  My final prep
before
anything but actually painting a car's body has alway been plain old
Brake
Cleaner.  In a spray can, 2 bucks at Pep Boys, I've never had a problem
with
adhesion after using it.

Cheap and cheerful as my wife puts it.

Just my .02,
Chargin'Charles--->>>

Ron Waters wrote:

> All -
>
> The Metal Prep should be used when derusting light to medium rust to
promote
> a better adhesion.  Using it on freshly sandblasted metal is overkill
and
> not necessary.   BTW, I've used Oxy-Solv, which should still be
available
> from Eastwood, and find it to be far better at derusting metal than
the
> Metal Prep.
>
> Ron

Forgot to send to rest of group