[FWDLK] some progress

I worked on my plym tonight Joe Boubilis and I actually.and we figured out
why I could not get the power steering on (6 cyl, 56 Plym).
Are you ready for this, I could not believe it until I saw a pic and check
the parts manual and saw a different number. The motor oil fill tube is
different between PS and Non PS. I can modify mine to work. I'd like to find
the correct one though. the fill tube is in the way for getting the
generator close enough to the block for the pump to clear the distributor
.
Also, I built my own wiring harness and my car sucessfully started tonight,
so I was very happy.
I had problems a long time ago that my #1 plug wire was not in the correct
place on the cap, but the car ran. After diagnosis and lookng and looking at
the shop manual. We realized that the distributor hold down bracket was on
backwards, so the distrib was not advanced correctly and the vacuum advance
pointed in the wrong direction and it also made the clip that holds the cap
down interfere with the power steering pump. the vacuum advance also does
not work. So, while the distrib is out, I'll clean it, put in new points
condenser and vacuum advance and new gasket to the block and put it back in,
then it's modify the filler tube and then put the PS in.
Oh well, I feel like I made good progress tonight although I took a couple
steps backwards

Nick