Re: [FWDLK] The price of showing off your FWDLK car

nitekatt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> they
>  expected me to fork out 40 bucks just for the "priviledge" of allowing them
>  to charge spectators 10 bucks to look at it.
In recent years especially, many shows are being put on by promoters whose
sole purpose is to make money.  It has always been a "bone of contention" for
me to pay to exhibit my car, to profit these individuals.  On the other hand,
when a legitimate car club or organization is sponsoring a show & is
providing perhaps a dash plaque and/or trophys, an entry fee is certainly in
order.  Having been involved in putting on many car shows with clubs, it's
still possible to charge car owners an average of $15 - $20 to show their
car, provide dash plaques and a limited number of trophys, and still make a
profit for the club or charity.  Let the public in free, and make reasonably
priced food available on the premises for everyone.  One last note; street
rod sponsered types of events are generally more expensive than shows with
emphasis on original type cars and are usually 2 to 3 day events, since the
street rodders generally travel longer distances for the longer events due to
having modern running gear & air.
                                    Bill B.
                                    1956 DeSoto Sta Wgn
                                    1957 Imperial Southampton 4 Dr Htp