Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 56 DeSoto
Walt,
As with you, I would initially balk at the $350 price. So  I would climb into the truck, trek to one or more wrecking yards in hopes of finding   a suitable pair of matching antenna masts that would "look correct" on my car (they are usuallly vandalized in our local yards),  negotiate a price with the junkyard man, bring them home, clean them up, fit them to the bases I had, and install the Goers rubber parts.  Hmm, that $350 price doesnt seem so outrageous anymore.  I would have complete, restored,  matching, (and I trust "correct") antennas delivered right to my door.
Just my opinion this fine sunday morning!
good luck!
RogerH
----- Original Message ----- From: Walter Ladry
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 8:24 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] 56 DeSoto
Does anyone have any sources for antenna?  I am looking for the dual rear antenna for my car and the only place that I find that has them wants to sell a complete kit for $350.00.    This price is from a Dennie Turner from Florida.
I really only need the mast themselves and the rubber trim at the car body.  If anyone has some or know where I might find them I would appreciate the help. I should try Gary Goer for the rubber trim piece.
An interesting note, there is an antenna set for a 1957 DeSoto on Ebay that I believe is selling for more than if you bought it from the same person above.
Thanks
Walter Landry
56 DeSoto Firedome