[FWDLK] motor mount sources

Well the beatles sang 'communication is the answer'. I think.
I have been asked bout the number for those magic motor mounts, the answer
may be around.  However one is supposed to enjoy the search for these parts
and modifications.
The way to do this, besides this list, is to go to Barnes and Noble and sit
with a coffee and read their rod mags on the cheap, or go to yer local
ceegar/mag store and spend 10 or 15 bucks every couple weeks and read and
look at the pictures!!!!!!!   My several yr old PlyDo catalog shows 2 pages
of mopar motor mounts/kits.  JC Whitney has a few, and Summit Racing very few
 BUTY an old summit ad shows a nice frame adapter setup for 49-53 ford merc
using donut cushion mounts.  Said donuts are available separately too.
Chassis engineering has kits, they are in West Branch Iowa.  Dennis Carpenter
FOrd parts has 3 pages of mounts, adapters, etc.  They picture several
adapters using the biscuit style mounts, which they listed in 1996 for
$30/pair.  The number is 78-6038K and all you add is castellated nuts and
cotter pin.    But the pictures give U ideas too.... so order catalogs,  ANd
visit the speed shops websites. etc.
I have gone tot he basement  to find the few remainging rod mags I have.  One
has swap of a 72 dart swinger v8 into a 48 ply coupe.  The mounts used were
made by Manny Martinex of Mr Street Rod in Simi Calif.  I have some scans of
a few items which I will give the URL to next week .
now
The trouble is one can spend all their time bench racing, looking a cars,
wondering, and so on, and never do nuttin bout the 'problem'  they are
blowing all this time and internal energy to 'solve'.  Life  becomes I wish,
I wanna, I hope instead of I did.
Happy browsing and rotsa ruck-

LARS

In scenic West Michigan USA