[FWDLK] o rings

I have a 56 Plym with power steering. In the top of the steering box where
the return hose goes in and the adjustment screw is, it's kind of like a lid
with an o-ring on it. It was leaking, so I took it apart, but I have not
been able to get an o-ring. Tried a couple of autoparts stores and a NAPA.
They don't stock an o-ring that large and there listings for power steering
kits only go back to 1958. I also tried one hardware store.
I looked in Bernbaum and Roberts motor parts.
My next stop is Home Depot and a plumbing supply house and maybe a
transmission shop.

Any other ideas. The o-ring is about 2.75 inches in diameter.

Thanks
Nick