[FWDLK] '57 AMT Chrysler

Just flew in from Chryslers at Carlisle on Saturday, and boy are my arms
tired!  Great show, usual stuff. Of course fewer and fewer finned cars in the
Fun Field.  We ARE a dying breed.  But I noticed an AMT built up model of a
Chrysler 300 C.  When I was a kid, AMT was THE car model kit.  JoHann had all
the Mopars, but their customizing accessories were tacky.  At Carlisle, I
discovered that AMT is now selling highly detailed built up models.  They did
a '71 Dodge Charger (I think) and the 300.  I read this board fleetingly. but
never saw a mention of it before. This model was under $30., and except for
being plastic, which is AMT's medium, is as detailed as the Danbury Mint
$120. version.  Go figure.