[FWDLK] R-12 Capacity of 1958 Chrysler

Hello, Forward Lookers:

The 1958 Chrysler FSM states that the a/c system has a capacity
of 2.5 to 2.75 pounds of R-12 freon, but the FSM does not appear
to disclose the capacity of the a/c system including the rear
(roof mounted) a/c system in the station wagon.

So, we pumped it in pretty slowly, and there are still air
bubbles flowing past the sight glass, at the 4 pound mark.

Does anybody have any data on the rear a/c system to state how
much R-12 ought to be in there? My mechanic and my banker both
want to know.

Dick Woodside
58 NY T&C