[FWDLK] 1958 Imperial roof moulding

I've just acquired a '58 Imperial Crown Coupe.  The wide moulding over
the top of the roof is badly pitted.  I'm afraid this is bolted into the
 roof and the only way to remove it for replating is to take out the
headliner?  Is this correct, does anyone know?

Thanks for any advice.

Pete PHillips
Ector, Texas
pphillips@netexas.net