Re: [FWDLK] Corruption at local car show!

Re: [FWDLK] Corruption at local car show!

It's supposed to be a car show.....a fun time for all.....a time to gawk,
chat and mingle with people with similar interests, whether they be
paricipants or viewers.  At least that's what it's SUPPOSED to be.

Your experience, though a bit more blatant than some I've witnessed,
nonetheless occurs all too frequently around these parts in central Iowa
(and I would suppose all over the country), where there is some old boy,
farmer or local that owns some mediocre unrestored, unwashed sled and all
the local-yokels vote for it.

Even worse is when some local car club "sponsers" the event and after the
"judging" is completed (usually participant judging), it takes up to 3 hours
to tabulate the 150 - 200 vote sheets, while they monkey round with and
juggle the votes until those in their club garner most of the trophies.
After it was all said and done, out of 24 trophies, 22 went to Chevrolet
owners, 1 Ford and 1 Buick.  And if you guessed that is was a "Chebbie" car
club that did the sponsoring, you win the big prize.

I do not really go to win (honest!) and it is nice if and when I do, but I
would at least like it to be FAIR!  Like I said, this hobby is supposed to
be fun.  Some of these yae-hoo's do try real hard to take that fun out of
this hobby, don't they?

I sympathize with you Brandie, I really do. Good for you for exposing that
fool who was obviously so desperate he needed to stuff the ballot box to
win.

Karl
<61 300G>
<64 Fury>