[FWDLK] Lead East, funny story

Howdy list members.
Had a good weekend at lead east. Saw some forward look cars. I met Dan
Morton and also saw Dawson Blackmore and his 57 Desotot ambulance. Man is
that car cool.
Jim Rawa was also there. I saw his car, but not him. Most people don't spend
alot of time at their cars. There is so much else going on besides a car
show. I think I also saw a 58 Fury from the list. I can't remember the guys
name, but it's purple and  running a 426 Hemi. I only saw him while we were
driving past each other. I waved, but I'm not sure if he saw me.

Funny story. I'm eating lunch and a 55 Plym pulls in and parks next to my
56. I had seen the car last year and it was for sale. The guy lifts the hood
and steam is coming out from over heating. I go over to the guy and try to
talk to the guy. It seems he bought the car after the show last year and now
is selling it because he bought a boat. I looked that the car and it threw
the fan belt off. The guy tells me it's the second time it happened. I look
under the hood and see and alternator. So I ask him how long the alternator
has been on. He does'nt know, he bought the car this way and it's the second
time he lost the belt. The guy didn't seem super friendly to me and didn't
really want my help.
So I just said to him one of the pullyes is out of line, that's why the belt
is coming off. I had a gallon of antifreeze behind my car and he was welcome
to it. I walked away with my wife and as we were walking away. I told her.
I'll almost garuntee that the alternator is crooked and that's why the belt
won't stay on.
I come back later and see th guy again and ask him if he put the belt on and
he said yeah and he straightened the alternator, it was crooked. My wife
just kind of smiled when she heard that. Then I gave him my antifreeze (for
which he did'nt even say thanks)

I think Dan Morton also talked to him and had to point out to him that his
car was a Belvedere and mine was a Savoy. He didn't even know what kind of
car he had.

Hopefully the car will sell to a more "mopar oriented" person.

Nick