Re: [FWDLK] exhaust, flamethrowers

A neighbor of mine put one of these kits on his 49 Merc hot rod. It works by
revving one's engine, grounding the ignition (which allows an unburned
fuel/air mixture to accumulate in the exhaust system), pressing an ignite
switch to generate sparks at spark plugs installed into the tailpipes
(setting off the mixture), and then turning your ignition back on to restore
the engine to running just before all rpm is lost. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Making this work takes some coordination and practice, and my friend has to
rev his engine a couple of times at a minimum in order to get enough
unburned fuel into the exhaust to make it work the first time. The kids love
it. I found a website detailing one such kit. I'm sure there are others.
What will they think of next? Hey, neon lights are pretty popular, too!

http://www.hotrodsetc.net/flamekit.html

Dan Davids
Woodinville, WA