[FWDLK] I Am the Flag

Subject: I AM THE FLAG !!

I AM THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA I am the
flag of the United States of America.

My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.

I stand watch in America's halls of justice.

I fly majestically over institutions of learning.

I stand guard with power in the world.

Look up and see me.

I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.

I stand for freedom.

I am confident.

I am arrogant.

I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners, my head is a
little higher, my colors a little truer.

I bow to no one!

I am recognized all over the world.

I am worshipped - I am saluted.

I am loved - I am revered.

I am respected - and I am feared.

I have fought in every battle of every war for more
then 200 years.

I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Shiloh and
Appamatox.

I was there at San Juan Hill, the trenches of France,
in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome and the beaches of
Normandy, Guam.

Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon, Vietnam now me, I
was there.

I led my troops, I was dirty, battleworn and tired,
but my soldiers cheered me And I was proud.

I have been burned, torn and trampled on the streets
of countries I have helped set free.

It does not hurt, for I am invincible.

I have been soiled upon, burned, torn and trampled on
the streets of my country.

And when it's by those! whom I've served in battle -
it hurts.

But I shall overcome - for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stood watch over
the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point
on the moon.

I have borne silent witness to all of America's finest
hours.

But my finest hours are yet to come.

When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my
wounded comrades on the battlefield, When I am flown
at half-mast to honor my soldier, Or when I lie in the
trembling arms of a grieving parent at the grave of
their fallen son or daughter, I am proud.

MY NAME IS OLD GLORY LONG MAY I WAVE.

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN LONG MAY I WAVE PLEASE FORWARD MY
MESSAGE TO ALL WHO STILL LOVE AND RESPECT ME, THAT I
MAY FLY PROUDLY FOR ANOTHER TWO HUNDRED YEARS