[FWDLK] Tell me what you think of this car

[FWDLK] Tell me what you think of this car

Part of the reason I'm the World's Slowest Auto Mechanic, is that the world
is moving too fast for me.  Kids preparing for college; demanding job;
growing list of house projects; you know the score.

It occurs to me now, that I started a project I did not have time to finish.
While my '55 4-dr sedan now has a rebuilt 230, and I've gathered a sizable
collection of NOS parts (including a full set of Sportone II trim), there's
still some concerns about the rear and the trans; and the body is a mess.
Fenders, hood, door skins, rockers, quarters; (*sigh*).  You know, it was an
emotional decision by an aging child of the '50s to buy this car to fix as a
daily driver, when it was really better suited to be a parts car.

My wife is telling me that's just what I should do -- buy another '55 4-dr
sedan with a good body, replace the motor with mine, and use the Sportone
trim (and the collection of NOS parts) on it.  And recently, I think I may
have found one.  Please tell me what you think (I've copied the ad picture
here):

http://www.rad.upenn.edu/~morton/Savoy.jpg

Here's the verbage that accompanies the ad:

~~~
1955 Plymouth Savoy, 78000 Miles, 3,450.00/OBO
Exterior Color - Green - Dark
Interior Color - Green
6-cyl., Manual Transmission

Description   Plymouth, 1955 Savoy, 4 door sedan, green/white (repainted
using correct colors), 6-cyl, 3-speed, runs and drives... Needs interior
completion, but all parts are there. Includes owner's and shop manuals, and
some spare parts...LOST GARAGE SPACE. MUST SELL ASAP, before winter takes
its toll. Price negotiable; will accept any reasonable offer.
~~~

I've since corresponded with the seller, and this is some additional
information he has provided:

~~~
Outside:
Mostly fine, some scratches and scrapes.  Car was sitting in a parking lot
for a long time before I bought it.  There is plenty of paint (both colors)
for touch-up.  I shook the cans and they appear to be ok.
Some pitting, mostly door handles and hood/trunk ornaments.  A little
surface rust bottom of rear bumper.
I replaced the taillights.  They are fine except for the usual flaking of
the reverse light lenses.
All glass appears ok.  Cooper bias white-wall tires appear excellent.
Inside:
Seats were redone in vinyl/material; I don't know if it's the original-type
fabric -- apparently not.  I did purchase NOS seat covers, and they come
with the car.  Kick panels are missing.  All other parts seem to be there
(mounted or not), but the interior door panels will need attention.  Welting
is worn.  Headliner will need re-cementing(?) as it's sagging.  Courtesy
light lens missing. Rear parcel shelf will need attention. Dash and all
other painted metal parts will have to be repainted.  I can't get the radio
to work, but I did purchase the SAMS schematic for it.  I would guess it's
probably a tube. Horn button is not mounted, but there.  I did hear the horn
when I bought the car; I don't know how to make it work, though.
Trunk:
Spare tire okay.  Original jack is missing.  Trunk floor will need attention
near the bumper area.
General:
Old stickers indicate the car is from Puerto Rico.  Lights, wipers work.
Looks like heater control was dismantled, but it's there. Heater/defroster
motor works.  Speedometer doesn't work; I bought a replacement.  It is not
installed yet.
~~~

With the exception of the backup lenses, there's not a part mentioned that I
don't have.  The "trunk floor needing attention" is obviously a concern.

Puerto Rico?!

OK, so help me from making another emotional decision.  With this sketchy
information, what do you think this car is really worth?  What would you
look for (I'm going to see it late this afternoon)?  While I won't have the
opportunity to say "I did the whole thing myself" -- I really DON'T have the
opportunity to do it myself.  And there's plenty of work to do, while still
enjoying a drivable car.  Your $0.02 please...

        Dan, TWSAM
        '55 Savoy (x2?)