[FWDLK] Powerflight Transmission Fluid

Greetings All!

I am about to take my 1959 Dodge Coronet (326/powerflight) on an AACA tour.  Although it only has 39K original miles, the transmission fluid should probably be changed - I don't know how old it is - possibly original.  The transmission works fine, except for a strange whine in reverse when I first engage it.  The whine fades out after about 20 seconds.

Anyway, what transmission fluid should I use to refill?  I am figuring on Dextron III, but don't want to damage anything.  Do I need to hunt up some original type fluid?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  (OK, not ANY suggestions, but then, this group is too nice to make that kind...) ::grin::

Thanks!

Bob Stein
1959 Dodge