[FWDLK] To put in a good word

For those of you who already know Jack Johnson (johnaire@xxxxxxxxxxx), what
I am posting will come as no surprise to you.  On more than one occasion
now, Jack has bailed me out of a tough spot by providing those
oh-so-hard-to-find parts.  On this latest occasion, I was on the hunt for
differential side-gear washers for the '55 Savoy, which is tying up the lift
at my local mechanic's.  A certain NOS purveyor -- perhaps sensing my
predicament -- offered them to me for $30 apiece!  A quick call to Jack, and
he shipped them right out; at a grand total of two dollars each.

And that's the double-blessing that comes from this hobby of ours.  Not only
do we enjoy the thrill of bringing back from the dead, those long-since
discarded hulks our society has disdained -- we meet in the process, those
individuals whose honesty and interest in our own personal success serves to
propel us forward in our quest to preserve and restore.  Jack is a person of
integrity and faith, and I commend him to you as a first-stop for those
parts you may need.

A happy holiday to all, and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

        Dan, TWSAM
        '55 Savoy