Re: [FWDLK] Ultrasonic cleaning bath

Vincent,

We use ultra-sonic cleaning for our firearms (in case
you haven't guessed by now, I'm a cop).  It works
great at loosening/removing built up powder residue
and even heps loosen the lead and brass build up.  A
brushing is still required after the ultra-sonic bath,
but it doesn't take too much effort.  The end result
is a completely "dry" metal, no lubrication left, so
we oil appropriately afterward.  We DO NOT put any
plastic parts or painted material in the ultr-sonic
solution.  This might be a problem with gauge and
clock faces?

All in all, I think that you won't go wrong using
ultra-sonic for cleaning up small dirty/greasy metal
parts - all inclusive - EXCEPT painted and plastic
parts.

You can also use paint thinner in the ultra-sonic
cleaner in lieu of the more harsh ultra sonic cleaning
solution, which might work on plastics but still not
on painted parts.

Good luck

Joe and Jason
56 Belvedere (still chugging along)