[FWDLK] air conditioning

Hello Group,
 You all will tell me to buy an airconditoning manual, but such a creature doesn't exist, according to the literature dealers.
I am setting up an a/c unit in a 59 Plymouth. There is a device called a thermal switch, a.k.a.  freeze switch, which senses when the evaporator coils are about to frost over and momentarily shuts off the a/c. The thermal switch I bought NOS is a small metal box with two electrical contacts sticking out of it. It also has a "capillary tube", a tiny copper tube sticking out of it,  which serves as a probe. Please tell me what this probe attaches to!
Roger Howard Seattle