Re: [FWDLK] Born On Date?

If you want a copy of your car's build record, DaimlerChrysler Corporate
Historical Collection has build records for American-built cars from 1930 to
1967 and American-built trucks 1930 to 1950.  They have no records for
Canadian-built cars.

Send them a cheque for US$45.00 along with the year, make, model and VIN of
your vehicle.  They will send back two copies of the build record (they are
stored on microfilm) plus a hand-written sheet with the mose important
information, including to which dealer the car was shipped.

I own a 1962 Dodge Lancer GT built at the LA plant, and they did have the
build record.

By the way, check the data plate under the hood of your car.  On cars built
prior to 1967 there is a heading "SO NUMBER"  The four digits under the "SO"
are for the scheduled build date.   Thus for a 1957 Plymouth, the numbers
"0123" would mean a scheduled build date of January 23, 1957, while "1112"
would be for a scheduled build date of November 12, 1956.

The address is :

DaimlerChrysler Historical Collection
CIMS 410-11-21
12501 Chrysler Freeway