Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 12:51 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Need Help on this One

Need your thoughts.  I have a '57 Coronet, 325, Powerflite that has started to "jerk" when put in drive or reverse.  With car running, it will either strain and then "break free" or stall.  This just started on a car had sat for quite some time, and has been sticking in the rear brakes.  Even with that, it was doing fine once the initial freeing of the rear brakes took place, with no reoccurance until it sat overnight, etc.  Now, it sticks as soon as the car stops (shift from forward to reverse, etc).

My thoughts:  Rear brakes sticking, or Emergency brake sticking, or Transmission-Torque Converter concerns (although the fluid seems at the right level, but clear, not red fluid).

Any ideas on things to check (I am waiting on the rear brakes to come in, and have picked up the cylinder rebuild kits.  I will rent/buy a drum puller)??  Does Murry Park have an e-mail address?

Appreciate your thoughts and expertise.   Thanks..

LARRY