[FWDLK] George McKovich's 1959 Dodge Sweptside

[FWDLK] George McKovich's 1959 Dodge Sweptside

George's restoration would make anyone proud to own this
ForwardLook truck! Great job, George!!!

It just goes to show that Mopar was miles ahead (you know, it
suddenly feels like 1960 already, doesn't it?) in styling, both
in cars AND trucks. It almost makes you wonder whether GM or Ford
didn't conspire with Chrysler's steel supplier to sell a
rust-prone alloy to Chrysler, just to slow down the sales by 1958
or 1959, so that the big two could revive their styling
departments and try to catch up.

Another advance was 1958's Auto Pilot cruise control. Mopar had
two versions, one for Chrysler and one for Imperial. I'm looking
for the control unit that goes on the top of the steering column
in the Chrysler, and the cables that go with it, if anybody has
any leads. I purchased what was supposed to be a complete set-up,
minus a cable, but it turns out to be for the Imperial, not the
Chrysler. Until I discover otherwise, I'm assuming that the
under-the-hood units are the same.

But, with or without Auto Pilot, my 58 NY T&C wagon will never
look as sharp as George's Sweptside pickup.

Dick Woodside

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html