From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Daniel Davids
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 8:45 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Anco wiper arms

Speaking of Anco arms, does anyone know where to obtain replacement springs
for same? Mine keep rusting through and breaking. Just broke one a few
minutes ago! All I was doing was changing a blade and SPROING, there she
went.

One of the first things I replace/correct upon coming into a new car is the
blades and arms. It?s a pet peeve of mine, but I absolutely detest those
cheesy all-plastic arms and blades that find their way onto our cars. They
look goofy. So, I have to go junkyard hunting for a pair of the nice OEM
(ideally stainless) arms. But the latter are getting difficult to find.
Even OEM-style (metal) replacement blades are tough to find. The typical
modern auto parts stores are dropping the classic American models from their
shelves in order to make room for the metric foreign stuff. Sometimes you
can take the rubber wiper out of a new plastic blade and fit it back into a
metal one, but I notice that the newer rubber thickness/height is shrinking
in size, so this kludge isn?t working anymore.

In short, I?m looking for a good source for arms, springs and blades from
the past.

 - Dan Davids
Woodinville, WA (where wipers really count)
57/58 Plymouths, Dodges; 62 Chry, Dodge, Lancers; 64/65/66 Ply,Dodge, Chry,
Darts

The passenger wiper arm on DodgeDifferent (61 Dart) needs replacement.
Anybody recall a retailer that specializes in these items?

Larry W Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City CA 94061
650 368 3966