[FWDLK] rechrome of 57 DeSoto taillight towers

[FWDLK] rechrome of 57 DeSoto taillight towers

To follow up on my comments of a few days ago, I spoke with my chrome guy
at Custom Metal Polishing in Butler, PA.  He said that there is no way that
any plater can re-do the taillight towers at a reasonable cost and make any
money at it, since they are EXTREMELY time intensive.  He said the only way
he'd consider doing any more 57 DeSoto taillight towers would be "like I
did it", in a package with lots of other chrome.  He figures he'd lose
money on the taillight towers but make it up on some other pieces.

Ed

Has anyone had the tail-light towers on a 57? DeSoto rechromed and what is
the expected cost. Also who did you have do it??
I'd check the list but don't have time right now, Thanks.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Need an answer fast? Search the 17,000+ pages of the Forward Look Mailing List archives at

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm