Re: [FWDLK] Bad vibrations

Do you have radials on the car?  If one of the tires has a broken or bent
cord in the sidewall, you will get vibration from the front end.   In a
radial tire, the cord runs from one side of the tire to the other,
perpendicular to the bead.  In the old crossply tire, one layer ran at an
angle to the bead, while the next layer ran in the opposite direction.   The
crossply design gave some support if one layer broke or was weakened.  With
radials, though, there is no 'back up' support,  So, when the sidewall gets
bumped or something breaks, you get vibration, especially at high speeds.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm