[FWDLK] Poly's, Hemis, & 727's

Ok guys I have a 56 belvedere with the 277 and a powerflite. Future plans
involve a 354 hemi but that is quite a ways away. In the meantime I would
like to drive and enjoy the car. But, since I plan on eventually putting in
a 727 and an 8 3/4 rear I don't want to put much money into any of the
drivetrain.  That darn powerflite won't stop leaking and I hate those old
style rear brakes! Now to put an old hemi to a 727 I will need a custom
adapter, but I was wondering if the 277 will bolt up to any 727 so I could
replace that powerflite before doing the hemi swap. I mean they used the
poly 318 until 1967 so could a 1967 small block 727 bolt to a 277?

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm