[FWDLK] Moved my '60

I got a friend with a rollback to help me out today and after some effort we
got my '60 Windsor parts car out of where it had sat since sometime in the
80's... it left a trail of junk behind it as the stuff in the trunk fell out
along with some bracing that was the beginning of a frame rail repair.  But
it's in my posession now anyhow.  Was some work getting it onto the
rollback, but the wheels did all turn on it surprisingly enough.  So now the
fun begins of cutting it up.

I decided to save the rear panel because it has a solid lower half, had I
tried to save the 2-door I found this piece would have been handy as it's a
lot better than what is on that car even though the top lip is shot.  I also
will keep the quarters and cowl for now.  This is the third one I've found
with nice looking dash pieces - the chrome around the ignition has no marks
in it.   Dash is complete and unmolested as yet.

Was I going to put that dash bubble into another car, don't I need some kind
of components under the dash along with it to make it light properly?   I
can't remember all the details from the one article I've read on these.  I
suppose I will bring a battery out with me when I go strip it down and see
what works on it.

If anyone wants spare suspension holler, I'm not sure I will keep that stuff
around.  I may have someone after the engine and trans.

On the way home I checked out mostly Packards - I stopped to ask about a '55
400 2dr, and the guy mentions he has a Chrysler he'd sell, too. I had my
hopes up when the guy tells me it's about the same year as the Packard, and
runs and moves.  So we go down the road to the barn he has it in, where it
turned out to be a '65-6 ish Newport, 4dr hardtop, although really nice and
said to be a 440 engine.  All it needs is a couple spots cleaned up and
repainted, has been stored since about 1976, but run occasionally since.
Then I stopped to see a guy I know and by the time I was done I must have
looked at $150K worth of '50s Packards, from parts cars in pieces to a
restored Carribean convertible.   I like too many (expletive) expensive
cars...

Bill K.

---