[FWDLK] RESTIFICATION

Bill, I'm  (so-far!) keeping outa this flame-war--- BUT, YOU said 'it'
yourself, when you stated that , in/on/@ a "local-ish" ("multi-make")
"car show", what you see are RESTIFIED/Custom
cars, NOT RESTORED cars!!!!

"Restored" cars do NOT "WIN"  @ 'local-ish' shows-the more
flash/chrome/flames , the "better", @ these shows--------

SOOO, to answer your OWN  question/remark, as to WHY you might restore a
car, IF you're just trying to "win" , @ local car-shows, running against
Chebbies & '32 High-boys and various "Roadsters", & low-riders, then:
RESTIFY, til your heart's-content!! Free country-, and all-that........
AND RESTIFICATION is EASY--just "after-market-AWAY!!!!!"  Velour
ROCKS!!!

But, if you are trying to impress YOURSELF, and "knowledgeable" FWDLK
enthusiasts, with your attention (read: SLAVISH DEVOTION ) to
"proper-detail"  and to  correct-parts "location" and installation,and
"costs-be-damned-to get- the-job-done-RIGHT",  then  you'll RESTORE the
car---SIMPLE as that; the decision's all yours, to make.

Damn, this is good--think I WILL post it to the List!

Neil & mechanically-restified Horrie