Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler Passing Eye Mirror ??

Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler Passing Eye Mirror ??

The clip on design is because this mounts to the door frame. As Joe said, it
is used to look forward. Your fender mounted mirror is for looking back, so
you can't replace one with the other.

Oddly enough, my '57 Plymouth has no holes in the fenders for mirrors but it
does have marks on the door frames from clim on rearviews (the rusty, pitted
remnants of which were in the car with the rest of the trim).

Dave Casey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill K." <pontiac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 5:06 AM Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler Passing Eye Mirror ??

Jeeze.

This is basically a complicated blind spot mirror, instead of the little
bubble you stick on them nowadays from a parts store.

I had one of those and sold it at a car show for like $15 over the summer,
which is what I paid for it when I found it at the flea market.  $125??
if
they actually get that, let me have a minute to kick myself and I'll get
back to you.  Heck, maybe it's the same mirror I had.

Mine had no Mopar markings on it, it seemed to be aftermarket JC Whitney
kind of thing but I couldn't find any kind of ID on it at all either way.
I just assumed it was a neat sort of chrome doo-dad from back when you
could
get all sorts of chrome crap and gook up a car with it.  To me the clip on
design seemed to be intended for early 50's cars, although I would imagine
it would work on anything up through the '60's so long as it wasn't a
hardtop style.  Now that I look at it again I wonder if it's not designed
for the wraparound windshield cars that had a mirror out on the fender?

Either way, it was one less thing I had to carry home that day -

Bill K.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philippe Courant" <accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 5:42 AM Subject: [FWDLK] Chrysler Passing Eye Mirror ??

What is this ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42606&item
=4503781724&rd=1

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f