Re: [FWDLK] Rocker & ROLL

WELL, today(!) the "JCWhitney" rocker repair-panel arrived, via FedEx.
First, I see, from its sticker,  that it's made in Canada, and  that it
was mailed from JCW, in IL.

The "JCW" does not have any drain holes (just like the "NOS"---which
"isn't NOS--a true NOS piece will have the drain holes in it.)

Then I note that it's about 1 mil thinner than the
"NOS" one . The "NOS" guy is finished in matt-black; the "JCW"  is 'in'
a semi-gloss grey (natural finish).

They are the same length; about  45 3/4", but the "JCW" has the correct
flat/straight bottom-section, with a 90 degree bend-down, where it
attaches to the 'body' seam.

The "NOS" piece  has a gradual (NOT a  correct-'SHARP'  transition),
from the lower-end of the 'belly', to the bottom-section, and, its
'final' transition, from the bottom-section, to the body-seam,  is NOT
90 degrees, but, another gradual-bend/curve.

The  upper-bends (below-sill-plate, and @ bottom of door/top of belly)
appear to be 'sharper' on the "NOS" , than on the "JCW", which are
more-gently rounded.

The belly-sections (which is the area I was interested-in re-forming,
anyway) appear to be identical.

Final diagnosis: the "JCW" is a tad thinner (but COMPLETELY acceptable)
than the "NOS(???)" piece, but the "JCW" appears to be completely
well-formed/made, while the Ebay/NOS item looks to be bent:  " by-eye"
(based upon the 'lazy-curved' bending of the lower sections of that
panel).

So, I'm not going to "Blame Canada"  about the(se) "JCW" $29.95
rocker(s)--outer-skin-repair-panels,and, I'll bet, the "JCW" will be
easier (being slightly thinner) to fit, than will the "NOS" piece.

Neil Vedder