Re: [FWDLK] Window Channel Fuzzies

I have the same problem...it seems that the channel is just too narrow
for the glass compared to the original.

I experimented with widening the whole thing by using a wedge shaped
block of wood and a mallet to widen the track and the channel (laid the
entire vent window assembly on a work bench)   It made the thing a
SMIDGE wider (measurment in the 100th's of an inch I am sure).

It helped---marginally.  I'm still not happy with it: the glass only
goes part way into the channel-- I adjusted the rear channel  to allow
the window to be a little further to the rear of the door.  It all needs
to be fixed in a much better fashion.

Ron Waters wrote:

All -

I'm currently putting the door glass back in my 58 Plymouth 2dr HT.  I
purchased Glass Run Window Channel fuzzies for the Division Bar from the
Goers catalog (item C-3 on page 12 of catalog #9). The old stuff was
completely removed (including the rivets) and the new channel was pressed
into place. I did the same for the 'inside front door' channel, where the
chrome lip travels.

The problem is that the glass binds to the point that it's virtually frozen
in the channel.  This seems to be happening in the Division Bar channel
(which separates the vent window from the door glass).

Has anyone else had this problem, and how did then solve it ?

Thanks,

Ron