[FWDLK] Dave gets some ink at Tulsa

A story in today's Philadelphia Inquirer (where my wife is a reporter, ahem) -- an AP wire story, and I quote:

Only the car's trademark fins were exposed as it came out of the ground, and it was unclear if they were caked with rust or mud.

The suspense was what Pittsburgh car enthusiast Dave Stragand came for.

"It's our King Tut's tomb," Stragand said. "It's like a fairy tale."

Like Stragand, folks who gathered at the site , many days earlier , didn't seem too concerned with how the car would look.

"We don't care what condition it's in," said Denver retiree Bob Petri, a car nut who said he was "born with a wrench" in his hand. "It's just the whole idea somebody thought of it in 1957 and here we are living it."

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/nation_world/20070616_ap_rusty1957plymouthunearthedinokla.html

    Dan
    '59 Faulkner
    www.59plymouth.net