Re: [FWDLK] MoPar or NO car....?

In a message dated 7/2/2007 10:12:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx writes:
In CA, I'd suggest the Sacramento area.

Neil Vedder

In Michigan it has to be some of the suburbs north of Detroit.  For example the Walter P.Chrysler Museum sponsors some great car events during the summer and is used repeatedly by various Chrysler enthusiasts clubs for the location of their major meets.
We kick the season off essentially with the CEMA show (go to <cemaclub.org>) in early June on the museum grounds. If you have never been to the museum let me say that the 2nd floor is a mini shrine to Exner and his work.  Then on select Thursday evenings all summer, the Museum hosts a car cruise and show with features such as last Thursday's Chrysler Brand concept cars. Next week we will gather to a Jeep feature. On the first weekend of August,  Meadowbrook Hall sponsors the Concours d'elegance on the grounds of the Dodge Mansion in Rochester Michigan. This location is only about 1 1/2 miles from Chrysler Headquarters and the Museum. While the cars in the show are by invitation only, a good representation of Forward Looks are included each year. Those visiting this year will be treated to John Paxos' award winning 57 Belvedere convertible. Area's near to the entrance are reserved for various car clubs which I believe you have been reading about.
The list of things car-like to do goes on forever.  Everynight of the week many different venues are utilized for gatherings.   But by far the  greatest event is "The Woodward Cruise" in late August.  This event provides literally a week long (more like a month long much to the chagrin of Woodward merchants)  gathering of mighty MoPars and, of course, cars of lesser importance.
Relative to the weather...June through October can be positively wonderful for cruising. The museum sponsors a fall Acorn Tour.  But Michigan weather being what it is "the rest of the year-- poor sledding."  But that gives you time for needed rest and restoration.  So that is my nomination and I rest my case.

Marv

See what's free at AOL.com.