[FWDLK] 1955 Chrysler windlace

Hello everyone I’M looking for the proper windlace for my 1955 New Yorker 4 door town sedan not the regular style.

I restored the car in the mid 1990’s and replaced the headliner then but could not find the proper windlace then so I took regular windlace and glued it on the old foam core.

 this worked great but the bottom sections were rotted away never looked right.  I sent a sample last week to SMS auto and they sent me prices saying they had it.  I called them to ask if it was the same as the sample I sent them they said they would get back to me and I just received a phone call telling me they do not have this style.  But could sew on some type of cardboard!   { will this work }

Does anyone know were I can get the proper windlace used on this car and what other years use this type of windlace ??

Does Gary Goers have it ?

Any information would help me out as the car looks great just need fix the headliner that mice enjoyed one winter a few years ago and while I am at it I would like to do the windlace.

The carpet I installed then looks OK still but again it is not even close the carpet Chrysler used in this car. Is there was a carpet maker around that can duplicate it??  I have a section of the carpet about 10 inches square {was under the seats} and have been saving this for some day finding this type of carpet.

Chuck Deyoe Jr

1955 New Yorker deluxe 4 door sedan