Re: [FWDLK] Battery of questions..

Hi Neil, on the same note, last summer the Antique Auto battery in our AACA senior 59 Rambler bit the dust and they said they were only going to make the $250.00 style Rambler batteries from now on so i passed. Off to NAPA. $49.99 for a Black case battery with a dead smooth top except for tiny vent holes. Proceded to peel the sticker off the AA battery and apply it to the NAPA, took the AM vent caps from the old battery and sawed off the threaded portion and epoxied them over the vent holes in the new battery being careful not to block the vent holes in the battery or the caps. Looked great, went to Hershey last fall and received a Preservation award so the judges mut have thought it looked O.K. Stickers are easy to come by for most of our Mopar batteries but finding caps might be a little more difficult. Hmmm I wonder where Antique Auto battery gets them? Dick W ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eastern Sierra Adjustment Services" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:12 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Battery of questions..

Attached (via Win-Zip package) is a tutorial regarding my purchase of a Tar-Topper 'battery-toupee' and a vintage-era-type "MoPar" battery decal, which I have applied to my new Delco Freedom/For-ever(whatever)
battery.

The Tar-Topper is fairly flimsy plastic, and the yellow 'caps' say "Delco" on them. The plastic is too thin, to file-off the molded-in "Delco", but, a little bit of bondo/filler should work to obliterate THAT outrage, and, then, the caps could be masked-off and painted the correct green, or red color.

This battery/Topper/Decal protocol cost about $110.00, compared to the $250.00+ that a re-popped "MoPar"
vintage-looking battery would cost, from Antique Auto Battery company.

Neil Vedder