Re: [FWDLK] Restoration & Preservation.

Title: Re: [FWDLK] Restoration & Preservation.
Hello All,
As you could see from my previous responses, I was not advocating pure-stock vs. Hot Rodded, I was only railing against big-money profiteers like BJ, and trying to advocate for how to bring younger people into the car culture.

I agree with some of the others, you should leave ‘lurk’ mode more often!  I tend to lurk as well until something pushes my buttons (yes they are connected to a torqueflight)...

I will say, I agree with you on your statements.
The only time I have EVER had a problem with a Hot Rod is when someone sticks a Chevy drivetrain in a Mopar or a Ford, or a Ford in a Mopar or Chevy, or a something other than the manufactures products.  A Mopar should stay all-Mopar, a Chevy all-GM, and a Ford all-Ford.
That’s really my only discrimination when it comes to a Hot Rod.  And maybe I’m being a snob, and maybe not.  It’s just MY opinion, and if you share it great, if not, oh well.  I don’t care.
I can still appreciate the effort, I just don’t like it as a personal preference.  And of course, if you Hot-Rod a Hudson, or a Nash or a Studebaker or some other orphan brand, well, that leaves you wide open to use whatever drivetrain you want....

I can appreciate a beautifully crafted restoration as well as a beautifully crafted Hot Rod.
I think each represents it’s own unique challenges.

In a restoration- it’s bringing back parts to like-new condition or the hunt in finding NOS parts and then putting it all together into the final product. Whether you build it to factory quality or to the extreme of detailing is your choice.

In Hot Rodding it is the fabrication, and the complex engineering involved with a modified car- as well as finding working components.  It includes the all stages of building the car and making all kinds of decisions based on personal choices.

In the end- yes- there is a butt for every seat.
What binds us all together is that we all have a SEAT!

Just My Pennies,
Charles.