From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Stragand
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:43 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Restoration vs Modification

This debate comes up just about every year... and not just here.  It's the same on every car mailing list and web forums I'm on.

As was stated, The Forward Look Network was created around 1955-1961 MoPars.  That's our common denominator.  Some folks like to see them bone stock, and of course, some like to customize.  Both are equally welcome here.

Important to remember though, is that our common bond is the cars' roots as stock vehicles.  We could easily get into long discussions of engine swaps, 1/4 mile times, and 500 watt stereos -- but that can too easily stray too far away from our common interests.  Those same topics easily apply to any number of years, makes and models.

For that very reason, we have a section on the web forums called "The Exhaust Pipe".  It's all about modification and performance, Exner-Style.

No one is "right" or "wrong" about their preference for stock or custom.  They're just different opinions.  Please simply respect the opinions of others.  It's especially important to respect those opinions even when you DON'T agree -- that's when we end up learning the most.

-Dave