Re: [FWDLK] front brakes

On 10/29/2019 1:17 PM, J Johnson wrote:
The front brakes on my cars have had 2 brake cylinders per side with a
metal brake line in between them.  Was there any time when Chrysler used
a rubber hos between the 2 cylinders?
Thank you for any info you can provide.

Jack in Shinglehouse,, PA  nice weather today.  gotta go and pick up the
leaves tho

I dont know the answer BUT I would hazzard a guess that the Chrysler
engineers would NOT have done rubber in that part of the brakes, HEAT
comes to mind as major factor as well as reliability over time.

Granted to took a long development time to get automotive brakes up to
the level of being reliable and Up to the task of stopping. But by the
50's most all that was pretty cut and dry. refinements rather then 'Oh
CRAP that didn't work' Not to mention maybe a little one upmanship betwix design engineers.

--
Paul Holmgren
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our