           From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
      2. RE: RE: G parts car
           From: "Vath, Michael J." <mjvath@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. 300B
           From: randjranch@xxxxxxxxx
      4. K on ebay
           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
      5. Re: K on ebay
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. 1960 Mirror Question
           From: "gary_r_23" <garyandkathie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. hemi plug wires
           From: "Johnnie Slayton" <Jslayton@xxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: hemi plug wires
           From: Gary Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: hemi plug wires
           From: "Roger Schaaf" <obiwan10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: K on ebay
           From: Russ Vaughan <Pacesetter300@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:05:57 EST
   From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: G parts car

Hi A & G and all:
I guess the "restoration" process begans when one starts to disassemble a car
for that intended purpose.  I have to (shamefully) admit that time for my
white F convert was about 1975.  That poor car has remained completely apart
(only thing still bolted together is the rear axle to the car's paint stripped
body) since then.  It has been moved in the meantime from Holly to Lansing to
Quincy, Michigan, then to Tallahassee.  I do believe all parts are still present
and accounted for, and make use of it as a guide during the blue F resto.
Haven't snitched any, either!  Is 29 years enough to qualify me for unoffensive
restoration speed, Gloria?  It might (should?) be grounds for dismissal from
the Club!  Happy New year and increased restoration progress to y'all in '04!!
300ly, Gil

Message: 2
Wow!   Talk about lettercars with a high risk of becoming parts cars.

Perhaps its time to replace the word  "restoration"  with  "reassembly"?!? 'Cause we (and Gary Goers) sure aren't getting any younger.

Was it Josey Wales who said that "a good man has gotta know his limitations"?   As a fella with many, many, many limitations (especially mental & financial), I've readjusted my expectations from   restored -- to -- driveable. Takes a whole lotta pressure off of the ownership of junkers as well as adding a whole lotta near-term enjoyment to you AND the lucky folks at your local cruise-in.      Ok, Its a whole lot cheaper, too.

I guess the "restoration" process begans when one starts to disassemble a car
for that intended purpose.  I have to (shamefully) admit that time for my
white F convert was about 1975.  That poor car has remained completely apart
(only thing still bolted together is the rear axle to the car's paint stripped
body) since then.  It has been moved in the meantime from Holly to Lansing to
Quincy, Michigan, then to Tallahassee.  I do believe all parts are still present
and accounted for, and make use of it as a guide during the blue F resto.
Haven't snitched any, either!  Is 29 years enough to qualify me for unoffensive
restoration speed, Gloria?  It might (should?) be grounds for dismissal from
the Club!  Happy New year and increased restoration progress to y'all in '04!!
300ly, Gil

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:

Message: 3