           From: TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Re: Something to Remember
           From: "Brian Hagen" <brian.hagen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. 1/87 scale 300C
           From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:11:08 EST
   From: TNHARKINS@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Something to Remember

HI Everyone:

   Perhaps I am guilty of being a Flag Waving, Yankee Doodle Dandy singing

   American but some things about this world we live in just get me "pi_
_ed
off".
   The following info did just that this morning.

   Tom H
   300s4ever

> CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's
> contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and
> Washington.
> The findings are as follows......
>
> 1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee
> contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The
> company also offered ER response team services and office space to
> displaced government employees.
>
> 2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions
> of the same number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.
>
> 3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims
> of the Sept. 11 attack.
>
> 4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the
> New York Police Dept.
>
> 5. Volkswagen- Employees and mgmt. created a Sept. 11 Foundation, funded
> initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims
> of the WTC.
>
> 6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.
>
> 7. Audi- Nothing.
> 8. BMW- Nothing.
> 9. Daewoo- Nothing.
> 10. Fiat- Nothing.
> 11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of 2nd best sales month ever in Aug
> 2001
> 12. Isuzu- Nothing.
> 13. Mitsubishi- Nothing.
> 14. Nissan- Nothing.
> 15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche
> website.
> 16. Subaru- Nothing.
> 17. Suzuki- Nothing.
> 18. Toyota- Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August
> 2001. Condolences posted on the website.
>
> Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle,
> keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration
> to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based
> company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies
> contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States. It's OK
> for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is
> apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe
> we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets
> their attention.
> Also we rebuilt Japan and helped Germany ever since World War II and are
> still helping those countries !!

Message: 2
>    Perhaps I am guilty of being a Flag Waving, Yankee Doodle Dandy
singing
>    American but some things about this world we live in just get me "pi_
_ed
> off".
>    The following info did just that this morning.
>
>    Tom H
>    300s4ever

Tom,
The listing is made up and has become the newest urban legand to be passed
around via email. I even saw a piece on it on CNBC.

Message: 3