           From: SADuggan@xxxxxxx
      2. Fan Clutch
           From: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Car does not want to start
           From: Iamonesurfer@xxxxxxx
      4. Fw: 70' 300 Hurst
           From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 14:30:54 EST
   From: SADuggan@xxxxxxx
Subject: More Fan Clearance

Hi All,
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm glad I posted before I put the wrenches
the car. I realize now if I tried to remove the fan with the radiator in
the
car I would never be able to get it out with out damaging something. When
put the clutch and fan in the car the radiator was out of the car.

    Being that I was building this car as a daily driver I've tried to
update
some things. Before I rebuilt the top end of my engine I had alot of
tempeture control problems, the car didn't do good in traffic, not a good
thing here in Los Angeles. I bought an aftermarket heavy duty thermally
activated fan clutch. I thought they were pretty much universal. I haven't

had any tempeture since then. But I think what truely solved the problem
was
changing the old timing chain that had an extreme amount of slack. It's
amazing what proper timing and exhaust valves that actually seal, can do
for
engine performance.

I may just put on the old fan clutch if I can't find a replacement. I
think
it probably works fine. I'll just have another $80 paperweight to put with
my
other expensive paperweights. One day it's need will arise.

Thanks again,
Sean Duggan

Message: 2