           From: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: Ray Jones <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: kevin adams <kmotion45@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Thomas L. DeBusk" <cfdebusk@xxxxxx>
           From: "The Barnetts" <lexie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "The Barnetts" <lexie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: lhh225@xxxxxxx
           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
           From: Matts Wignell <wiggson@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Carl Westman" <carl.westman@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. media blasting
           From: Jim Kelly <gmman4@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:22:15 -0700
   From: john_nowosacki@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Help with 57 dashboard/ a/c unit

Help!!
I thought I was pretty good mechanically, and have restored many cars, but
never a 57.
How do I remove the A/C unit from the firewall inside the engine
compartment?  There is one sentence in the manual that means nothing to
me, "From inside the passenger compartment, remove the hydraulic actuator
piston, bracket and operating linkage.  I think I know what that (they)
are, but can't see how they are attached unless it's via crazy glue at the
factory.
I thought it would be easier to see if I removed the heater control bezel
and radio+radio and ash tray bezel, but I can't seem to locate the hidden
spot welds that seem to have that affixed to the dash.
I really like the car and am attempting a 'body-off' resto, so there's no
engine in my way on the firewall side, and no front seat in my way in the
body of the car, so it "couldn't" be any easier, but I'm stumped.
I'd like to do this without chain saws and torches, since I plan to drive
the car someday, but the frustration level is pretty high.  Any help would
be appreciated (or maybe a pint of Jack Daniels).
Thanks,
John

Message: 2